Saturday 20 October 2012

Arthritis in Finger Joints



A few years ago I experienced so much pain in the little finger of my right hand that I thought this was the end of my music career. X-rays showed that there was no cartilage left – any small injury (e.g. playing the piano) resulted in more inflammation and “tears” which accumulated in the sides of the joint looking like ugly knobs and deformities of the finger. A hand surgeon told me that he’s not going to operate – the body can heal itself with the right “fuel”. He told me to increase my omega-3 tablets from 2 (x 1000 IU) to 5 (x1000 IU) daily (or start eating salmon morning, noon and night)! Apart from excellent pain killing properties, omega-3 oils (also known as Essential Fatty Acids / Fish Oil / Salmon Oil also improves memory, so I thought why not? If you experience a “repeat” of the fish oil, try taking 200-400 IU vitamin E with it. This prevents the omega-3s from turning rancid when it comes into contact with oxygen in your body.  

Another excellent piece of advice was to start taking alkalising powder. Whether it is just alkalised water, or any good brand from your chemist / health shop doesn’t matter. An incorrect lifestyle often results in our bodies being too acidic. And believe me, “acidic” food e.g. lemons are not the culprit! Lemons actually alkalise the body. I even read a book with the title: Alkalize or die! You should be able to bend your finger joints and touch the inner part of your knuckles without making a fist or bending your knuckles at all… without pain of course. I wish I took a photograph of those ugly finger knobs of mine because they’re almost gone now.

If you want to follow this blog by email free of charge, please submit your email address below or on the top right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment